Moving involves a lot of packing and unpacking. Special care and attention need to be paid while packing and handling fragile items. Gone are the days when you need to worry about smashed TV, broken crockery items. Nowadays state of art packing material is available in market using which such damages can be avoided or minimized to a greater extent. Here are some tips for packing fragile items that can prove handy if you are packing the stuff of your own.
- Know What You Are Packing: Every item is unique and has its own composition and fragility. Not all items are created equally and doesn’t require same level of preparation and packaging.
- Packing Material: Safety of your belongings is of utmost importance so make sure that all your belongings are packed in high quality durable boxes. Moreover, it is advisable to put some bubble wrap, towels, crumpled up newspaper in the cardboard boxes in which you are placing the stuff. This will
Help fortify the box and provide sufficient padding for the items minimize or prevent any damage to your stuff during relocation.
- Use Small Boxes: While packing fragile items such as glassware or crockery items, pack them in individual small boxes instead of a large box. This will ensure that your packed items won’t break under the pressure of other heavier objects.
- Wrapping & Packing: Each fragile item should be individually wrapped as per its size and weight. Make use of bubble wrap film to prevent any damage.
- Strength Enhancement: Tape the bottom and top of the carboard box for some extra strength so as to ensure that no fragile item can fall through bottom of the box.
- Fill All Hollow Items: Hollow fragile items such as glasses, vases, bowls, and jars, etc should be filled with loose paper or cotton wool to prevent any damage during transportation.
- Proper Marking: Mark “fragile” on the all boxes and cartons that comprise of valuable, and delicate items. Have a discussion with your moving professional and convey them about the boxes that need extra care.
- Packing Strategy: When packing, make sure that heaviest item is properly packed at the bottom. Weight based placement should be made so as to ensure that nothing is crushed or broken during relocation.
What To Do If Fragile Item is Damaged During Relocation?
Most of the movers are insured and licensed. However, if you are moving some valuable and is fragile, don’t forget to get it insured. No matter whatever you will get in form of compensation will not be enough to meet your emotional aspect attached with that stuff.
AB Moving is a top-rated professional Texas mover, with a wide array of moving services to residents and businesses across North Texas and beyond. Whether you plan to move eventually—or next week–give us a call. Or drop an email. Get a free moving quote today.