- Please follow CDC guidelines for your health, your family’s health and that of your moving crew.
- In order for movers to provide their best service, let them know in advance if anyone in your household might have contracted the coronavirus, or may have been exposed to someone who has contracted it.
- Visit the mover’s website and ask questions about their COVID-19 safety plan.
- Choose a reputable mover with a proven record of customer satisfaction, even if the cost is a little higher.
- Ask about virtual quotes, if you prefer not to have someone in your home for an estimate, many professional movers offer virtual surveys using your phone’s camera.
- How firm is the quote or estimate you were provided? These two terms are often interchangeable, but ask your mover what is included and what is not. Neither you nor your mover want surprises on moving day.
- Check your inventory list of items you want moved and make sure it is accurate.
- Consider time of year, time of the month and day of the week for your move. Moving costs can vary based on scheduling.
- Ask about insurance coverage, and carefully consider whether you should purchase additional coverage for costly items. Good movers are trained, experienced and careful, but accidents infrequently happen.
- Read your agreement carefully and pay close attention to detail. If something was overlooked or is incorrect, notify your mover immediately. Don’t wait until moving day.
- If possible, provide your moving crew access to a sink, soap, and paper towels at your location. If that’s not possible, provide hand sanitizer.
- Use new moving boxes and tape if you plan to pre-pack items. Recycle boxes are not recommended during this time due to possible risks.
- If you are using plastic bins, wipe them down inside and out with a disinfecting wipe before packing them.
- If you plan to throw out good food to lighten your load, consider donating it to Move For Hunger to help feed people in need in your community.
- Deep cleaning your new home before unpacking can further help to prevent further risk exposure to the virus.
Free In-Home Estimates
Hourly & Flat Rate Pricing
White Glove Moving
Specialty Crating, Artwork, Pianos, Gyms, Safes & More
Climate Controlled Storage
Office and Corporate Moving
Same Day Services
5 Star Move-In/Out Cleanings