Are you relocating from Austin, TX? Relocating to a new place is a tedious process and involves a lot of preparation. Before finalizing a move, you need to take a call on stuff that you want to move with and what you wish to leave. Some of the items that you don’t want to take away will be in good condition but no longer required while some may need to be disposed off due to their dilapidated condition. Things that are in good shape can be donated so that be of some help to someone in need. Visiting nearby donation centers is a good idea but you may need to transport the goods to the donation center which can be quite cumbersome and hectic for you. To ease your burden, we have pinned down some charities in Austin that will pick up your donations from home, thus saving a lot of time, energy, and off course money involved in the transportation of goods.
- Austin Creative Reuse: As the name suggests, Austin Creative Reuse is dedicated to the conservation and reuse of various items, such as art & craft supplies, small toys, puzzles, champagne corks, vintage papers, handmade papers, fabrics, etc. However, this non-profit organization doesn’t accept appliances, plush toys, Christmas decors, shoe boxes, etc.
- Casa Marianella: It supports dislocated immigrants and accepts various day-to-day use items such as furniture, mattresses, and other items that are in good shape and condition. You can reach them and enquire about their needs and later on schedule a pickup by calling 512-385-5571 or by dropping an email to email@example.com.
- Goodwill Central Texas: It accepts household items, furniture, gently used clothes, and more. However, it doesn’t accept mattresses, other bedding items, etc.
- Salvation Army: Donating is very easy as you just need to enter the zip code of the area, enter the number and type, and quantity of items that you wish to donate, and schedule a pickup. Clothes, household items, furniture, couches, chairs, book, toys, puzzles, and other miscellaneous things are accepted.
- Austin Habitat for Humanity: It offers free but limited pickup services in Austin, TX. Large donations are preferred. You can fill their online request forms to schedule a donation.
- The Arc of Texas: This organization is committed to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Contact their Austin office at 512-707-0008 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pickup of clothes, household items, vehicles etc.
- Settlement Home For Children: This NPO supports trauma sufferers by operating a clothing store in which community donations are received. For more information on a free pickup, call the organization’s hotline at 512-448-5302.
There are many other organizations that offer doorstep pickup of donated items. Make an online search and extend a helping hand to help someone in need. AB Moving is dedicated to offer high-quality moving services to the residents of Austin, TX. AB Moving is a top-rated professional Austin mover, with a wide array of moving services to residents, seniors/ veterans, and businesses across Austin and beyond. Whether you plan to move eventually—or next week–give us a call. Or drop an email. Get a free moving quote today.