You’re off to a great start choosing AB Moving to take great care of your home. We’ve listed out some helpful moving tips and tricks to know as you begin preparing for your move as well as a few ideas to help save you time. If you’re on an hourly rate that means time is money and we want your move to be as efficient as possible. We’re here to help every step of the way and we can’t wait until we see you on moving day!
- Safety is our number one concern. If you prefer for your movers to wear a mask, let your agent know and we will be more than happy to accommodate your request.
- Our moving teams are not permitted to wear shoe covers or go into attics as both can become very dangerous when moving. Please remove all items from the attic so that our movers can safely load them.
- Be prepared and organized. Your local move is based on time. The more organized you are, the more efficient the moving team will be. Note: We are full-service movers meaning if you run out of time to pack or aren’t prepared as you’d life to be, just let our representative know and we are more than happy to finish the packing for you!
- Anything that is to be moved should be packed and contained in boxes if possible. If you want to save even more time you can stage your items either in a garage or designated area to allow for a faster load up.
- If you are moving to a home with hardwood, consider felt pads for protection beneath all furniture. We do offer floor protection on every move and is available upon request as well.
- If necessary, make an elevator reservation with your building management. If an insurance certificate is required by your building, we need to know at least 72 hours in advance.
- Items such as dressers, nightstands, or armoires should be emptied prior to your move. Clothes add weight that make moving these items unsafe. Consider removing drawers and wrapping them to be moved separately.
- Make sure you pack heavy items in smaller boxes. This allows safer moves and prevents boxes from breakage.
IDEAS TO SAVE YOU TIME
- Use sturdy boxes that allow efficient stacking. This helps movers organize and load trucks quicker.
- Label your boxes to keep organized. Boxes containing “breakable” items should be labeled “fragile”, so they are safely packed at the top.
- Any special or antique items that need extra protection should be in a designated area to be properly protected and loaded. For additional protection, ask ahead of time for bubble wrap or added materials as will better protect antiques.
- Disconnect all appliances including the washing machine and disconnect electricity, cables, wires, etc. Disassemble bed frames and/or exercise equipment to take up less space and allow for a faster move. Note: If you are unable to disconnect appliances or disassemble furniture however do not worry as our movers are more than happy to do this for you!
- Mounted TV’s can be removed however we are not responsible for any holes left in the wall. We are able to remount TVs for an additional charge with plenty of notice given to your booking agent.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE MOVE
- Walk through both homes (origin and destination) to make sure everything that needs to be moved was loaded or unloaded. Look at dressers with attached mirrors, bookcases, bed frames, tables, etc. to make sure you have knowledge of the location of all pieces.
- Before you leave, your moving team will also show you the back of the truck to ensure nothing was left behind.
KNOW YOUR COVERAGE OPTIONS
Standard carrier’s coverage, as required by the TXDMV, is .60 cents per pound per article. (Example: a broken table weighing twenty pounds will be settled in the amount of $12.00 regardless of the value of the table or its actual cost of repair) Since this is by no means full coverage, we do recommend adding an additional coverage plan when you sign your estimate. This ensures your items are covered for repair, replacement, or reimbursement against damage. The additional coverage must be purchased 24 hours prior to packing or loading as conducted by the movers.
As always, we thank you for the opportunity and look forward to moving you!
The AB Moving Team