Houston is one of the most sought after destinations for business, business housing and business professionals. Employees of the companies that are shifting or planning their business expansion to the area prefer to live near their corporate offices to save the time and cost of a long commute. If, as an employee you’re planning to relocate to Houston, then you can rely on AB Moving professional moving services. Relocating to another place for work presents various concerns for both employee and employer. The best way to address these issues is to invest in corporate relocation services that support your employee mobility program.
Here are some simple tips that’ll help you make your move quick and smooth. This will also help you in having ample time to settle down in your new home, new city besides starting your new job.
Corporate Relocation Package:
Find out if your company offers a relocation package. If you have one, contact your human resources department and ask about details covered and other related benefits. Most of the relocation packages will offer various benefits such as taking care of your moving & packing services or may offer your some monetary reimbursement through which you can cover the cost of a professional mover and packer in the city. However corporate relocation is not limited to the moving process only. Corporate Relocation comprises a variety of services, from planning your move to final settling down to your new home/place. It may include temporary housing, providing helpful local information about your destination city, utility connection, storage and more.
If you company doesn’t offer a relocation package, then it’s time to look for a professional mover and packer from the area you are moving to, and hire one for your scheduled move who is familiar with the area and can provide the services you need. You can ask for a quotation and accordingly plan a moving budget that you can negotiate on final cost for any professional moving agency in Houston. It is best to dispose of personal belongings you don’t need or plan to move before you move, or have a list of those items to show a mover quoting your moving expense.
Following these tips while moving will help you move like a pro. If you want the help of an experienced, licensed moving specialist in your area, consider AB Moving, your professional movers serving homes and business in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio areas.
Doing preparation for shifting to a new location is a tiresome job. If you are working personnel, be prepared to sacrifice your endless evenings in a bunch of time consuming activities wiz organizing, wrapping, packing & labeling etc. Beside this, the most terrifying part is risk of damaging your cherished items in transit. A full time professional moving service provider is the solution to all your moving worries. Here is a list of top five things that one should look out before hiring a mover in Houston area.
- Reputation: It is a crucial factor that will enable you to save time as well as money. No doubt reputed mover service will cost you some extra bucks but with that comes the loyalty factor that has been earned through years of service. Past track record speaks a lot about their performance, expertise and efficiency to handle things in a timely fashion. Local accolades/recommendations or customer reviews also come handy at this juncture. Online ratings and feedbacks can also be checked for better decisions.
- License: For an interstate and local moving service, every mover has to get a unique US DOT number issued by the US department of transportation. You can get it authenticated from the online database.
- Insurance: Before pinning down the final nail it is advisable to confirm whether the company is insured or not. Unlicensed and insured moving service can bring a bunch of troubles. Make sure that that your belongings are also insured under some good plan so that in case of any mishap/mishandling you can easily get the claim amount.
- Pricing: Make a detailed enquiry about pricing structure offered by the moving service provider. Make sure whether price quote and estimations are done over phone or not? It is always advisable to go for a written estimate. Ask for any special discounts/offers and any other hidden charges. If you are opting for consolidation option i.e. combined shipping of your belongings with other peoples’ stuff, make a detailed study of rates offered by the company and select the one that suits you best.
- Efficiency: Expertise and efficiency are correlated to each other. Make an active enquiry about the crew members, their experience and other related factors like number of crew members, time taken by them to complete the job, overtime price structure, their responsibility in protection of your belongings against any damage, their area of expertise etc.
Eventually, all depends on your decision making. So stay calm and trust your instincts. Keep in mind aforementioned factors before hiring any mover as overall safety and protection of your precious stuff is much above than saving a few bucks. Are you planning to relocate and seeking for a trusted mover? AB Moving is reputed mover offering great mover services at best prices in areas of the DFW, Houston, Austin and San Antonio Areas.
Moving to a different location with all your stuff is a daunting task. Here is a list of top five mistakes that people often make while choosing a local mover and packer in Houston area
Unscheduled Moving: When your schedule to move in advance is not planned things become nasty. Don’t insist on waiting for someone that can offer you better rate in order to save few bucks. Unscheduled moving leaves you with the option to hire an inexperienced mover. Without adequate manpower, experience and correct transportation how you can expect one to perform ones job in an orderly manner. It is always advisable to have a planned moving schedule i.e. contacting a moving company in advance.
Cheapest vs. Expensive: When it comes to selection between cheapest and expensive one, most of us would tend to opt for cheapest. But is it advisable? Well, it’s not true at all. Make a through market research in order to find some reliable name that can offer you state of art moving services at an effective quote. Lowest price tag may not guarantee best service. By making some timely efforts you won’t need to make any compromise with the service quality.
Ending up packing too much stuff: Stay away from the clutter of unusable belongings that you no longer need now. How about making a fresh start when you arrive to a new location? It will not only make your new dwelling more organized but also will provide a fresh feel.
Not Being Aware of T&C: Most of the people often take things for granted and eventually end up things verbally. Always insist on getting a written estimate from your mover otherwise you might let a door open to new problems. Getting everything in written bounds both parties to stay within the terms of legal contract. Make sure that you have fully read and understood all the terms & conditions of the contract. This will help you down in separating those items that are not a part of inventory and will invite additional charges. Once you get your stuff in order at new location you’ll be bound to pay the mover via cash or through other permissible means.
Undermining the Cost Factor: Every service comes with a price tag and might include some hidden charges as well. Most of the movers charge an advance security deposit when you are moving to an adjacent town or across the state. If some additional coverage is offered by the mover for a certain fee, it is advisable to go for it otherwise you may to replace your expensive items damaged in transit. Be sure of aforementioned factors while making a final selection.
Are you in need of a professional and experienced moving service? AB Moving is a professional movers that offers best of class services at best price across the areas of the DFW, Houston, Austin and San Antonio Areas, too.