Moving involves a lot of hustle and bustle and misplacing necessary items or even entire boxes is a common thing. Think what happens to you, when you shift to a entirely new house and can’t figure out all your essentials after struggling through a couples of days of unpacking. No one likes to visit a store every time for each and every essential item. The best solution is avoid such a jargon is to a pack a box with all your essential things can be easily accessible. LIFO technique should be followed during packing and unwinding. In short it should last box to be packed in your old home and first to be unpacked at new home. Keep it separate with others or pack it distinctly so that you can easily recognize that box easily from the rest of boxes. Before packing the stuff into it, it is advisable to make a checklist of all your crucial stuff.
- Shaving Cream
- Toilet Paper
- Couple of clothes for every family member
- Utensils: Plates, Cups, saucers, cutlery items
- Paper towels
- Non perishable snacks items
- Other kitchen utilities
For Kids and Pets
- Water and food bowls for pets
- Important Documents
- Computer/laptop along with adapter
- Extra money in form of cash/currency or plastic
- Other expensive and valuable items
Packing a box containing these items will make the move on both ends go much smoother. Having necessary items right on your fingertips will save you time on trips to the store and give you more time to spend with your family in your new home.
Planning a move? Contact AB Moving, a trusted name for moving in and around Texas to help you with any sized job.
Moving to a new place is a tedious job, With so much of moving & packing all around for heavy boxes, large appliances etc and with kids at your home it becomes necessary to keep a track of the safety that no one gets hurt. While taking a note of the things that you will put in the back of the moving truck, you should classify the stuff on the basis of hazards associated with them in a moving truck. Some items can prove to be risky in certain conditions. Here is a list of some of the items that require special attention and care. For instance cargo containers can get heated easily during hot & scorching summer season. This can lead to a dangerous reaction between chemicals and other products. Keeping in mind the safety of stuff and the persons on board, it become crucial to keep a tap of stuff that need to be loaded in a moving truck. Always ensure that no rules are comproised to make room for following stuff on board in a moving truck.
- Car batteries: Have you ever dealt with a leaky car battery? If no, then you must be very fortunate as the fluid that emerges out of a leaked car battery can disintegrate the fabrics and corrode the things that may come in contact with it. We are sure you won’t want to place such an item next to your children’ clothes.
- Flammable Items: Items with low ignition temperature can blow up easily with a slight increase in temperature. So it is advisable to keep such stuff away from your regular packed goods.
- Cleansing Material: Bleach and other commonly use household cleansing materials should never be placed in a moving truck as you never know when a normal or harmless seeming thing can prove to be a big risk for the safety of stuff and persons on board.
- Fertilizers/ Insecticide Sprays: As mentioned above, moving container can get heated up quickly, it should be kept in mind that fertilizers and other sprays are highly flammable in nature. These stuff too possess the risk equivalent to that of house cleansing materials.
- Ammunition: Last but not the least on our list is any types of ammunitions. Have you ever wondered the consequences of carrying ammunitions such as bullets etc in a hot moving turck. It is advisable to carry such type of items in your own personal/remnted air conditioned vehicle with required safety. It is in your interest to follow the instructions mentioned in firearms safety guidelines during transportation of your ammunitions.
In short, if you can avoid carrying aforementioned stuff during your moving then opt for it as most of the items are replaceable. Safety comes first and a happy and satisfactory begins with a safe start.
Moving can involve many hassles but after some time with your new home it’s time to bid final adieu to those cardboard boxes and pave way for the new chapter in your life. It is time to adapt and familiarize with new surroundings and neighborhood. If you have moved a long distance from your earlier neighborhood then be prepared to face a flurry of new challenges including replacing your old address in your files and online records, which can include the tedious paperwork, changing or placing membership applications and most importantly getting in touch with your new neighbors. Here are some tips that will help you in your new home and neighborhood.
- Emergency Service: In case of any emergency learn and record where the closest hospitals and emergency healthcare locations. It’s a good idea to jot down the address of all essential civil amenities in order to avoid last minute delays or stress.
- Day Child Care Centers or schools: Perform an online search and talk to neighbors to find the child care providers or schools in your area. If you reside near a school, take some time up with your kids to stroll down to the school and get a closer look, learn about the surroundings and be familiar with pick-up and drop-off locations and procedures.
- Local Grocery Store: Use local directories or web resources to find out some of the stores near you. Visit them to see which offer what you like most. Even national chains can vary by location, so one you preferred in your previous location might not become your favorite in your new one.
- Recreation center/gym –if sports and fitness are important to you and you enjoy working on your fitness regimen then it’s a good idea to check out membership with local gyms, swimming and other recreational and sports centers. Municipal summer camps are also being run in many cities where your kid can meet new friends and make their summer moving turn into an opportunity to meet new friends.
- Take out – After another long day of unpacking and organizing, you might just want to skip the kitchen and go straight to delivery. Knowing how to find the best take-out or delivery places like your new favorite take-out pizza place could be a survival tactic in the early stages of the post-move. All in the name of keeping your new kitchen clean for another night, right?
Hope that helps, let us know your ideas to help others settle in to a new neighborhood. Remember, getting used to the change in scenery can take some time, but you’ll feel at home soon enough!
Moving your family is a time consuming and difficult job if not done properly. Kids are an integral part of any family and their expectations are different from adults. Involving kids in the moving mix can make your moving day chaotic. Here are some tips that can keep your kids as well as adults of your family happy and calm, and result in a smoother move for all.
- Plan Ahead: Get the older kids involved early and allow them input. Make sure younger children get plenty of rest the night before. It could be a long day.
- Let Kids Pack Their Boxes: Provide your kids with stickers, labels & markers and let them decorate their boxes with their own creative ideas. Just ensure that names on boxes are legible. Make sure that all their favorite things are included, such as toys, bed sheets etc. Other stuff that your kids don’t want to miss in their new space may include:
- Favorite bed time books
- Favorite toys
- Favorite snacks etc.
- Assign Each Child A Job: Make them a part of their packing team and assign some simple job that is age-appropriate to help them stay busy and focused. Assign them some important job that will make them feel good. Assign them some small jobs like taking care of family pet, handing over water bottles to movers etc will keep their minds busy and feel good and comfortable at their new place.
- Put Them In charge of the Checklist: If your kids can read and understand well, hand over to them compiled checklists of all the items that need to be moved to the new place. Instruct them to check every room, nook and corner to ensure that all the items have been packed.
- Plan a Surprise for kids: Plan a surprise for your kids. Unpack any of their favorite stuffed animal or toy in their room. Plan something special for them that will make them feel special and more at home.
- Plan Your Moving Day Kit: With kids on board, you need to take special care of their daily needs. Keep their favorite snacks packed along with a first aid kit for any contingencies. For older kids, give them greater responsibilities. For toddlers, it is advisable to take an insulated bag with you for your baby’s food essentials like milk, water, baby food etc. Keep some toilet paper, tissue paper and other cleaning supplies etc ready in various places, such as in the car, or even at the new place.
- Have Fun: Do an initial research of the new location. Look out for new restaurants or healthy fast-food places, fun-park or nearby ice cream parlor. Give yourself a break from the moving stress and spend some special time with your family.
Any job when planned properly results in proper execution. Planning in advance is an important part of our lives and helps in ensuring smooth management of various tasks & activities. Same comes true for moving too-as it involves a lot of prior planning, time management, cost optimization and lot more. Generally 7-8 weeks of advance planning is an ideal time frame for carrying out the preparation and final move. Sometimes unfortunately we have to face last minute relocation activities with less time to complete the entire moving process. In other words one can say you have to complete a daunting task of moving a 7-8 weeks job into just 2 weeks. Here are some last minute moving tips that can help you plan an organized and successful relocation.
- Initiate Planning: Start planning your actions so as to organize your move right from the time you get to know about the decision to relocate. Even you have some enough time ahead, don’t put your tasks for another day as with every passing day you’ll have less time and more work that can ultimately frustrate you and result into a disaster.
- Checklist: Getting things organized in an efficient manner is a great achievement. Plan & write down all your tasks & activities that need to be done. Be stringent and strict to deadline. Monitor your activities on daily basis to keep a track of pending tasks. If possible use printable moving checklist available with moving experts. It will ease up your entire process.
- Sorting: Start sorting your household items. It will enable you to list down the items that are no longer in use. Get rid of such items by donating them to the needy ones or by selling your old stuff. It will also help you in cutting down your moving costs for such items. Lesser packing means more time and less tension.
- Helping Hand: doing more things in less time often requires increased manpower. Seek help from family members or friends. Just provide them with clear instructions and they will more than ready to help you. You can also seek hire a professional firm to save your time and efforts. Make sure you carry out a quick research to choose the one that fits best in your budget.
- Start Packing: If you are really short of time and don’t wish to waste your time in researching about a professional mover service, the best possible way to start doing packing yourself. As far as packing material is concerned, you can find old carton boxes, paper and other handy material in your garage or store room or you can buy the same from a local office supplies store or a mail service store. Make sure that labeling is done in a proper fashion otherwise unpacking will prove to be a troublesome job for you. It will help you save time as well as money too.
In case you find it very hard to meet the deadline, the best way out is to hire a reputed and professional moving service provider that can handles all your relocation worries. Stay calm and focused to handle multi tasking efficiently. If you are looking for a Professional mover services in the area of Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio areas, look no beyond than Ab Moving, a reputed family owned moving company engaged in business from over last 20 years. We ensure you of best of class moving services at cost effective prices. Call us or contact us today.